Subject: Re: subscribe & Noise
From: ED JAKOBER <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 1994 18:55:21 -0600 (CST)

Kevin Bagley said
-----------------Stuff Deleted---------------------------     

>I think changing back to the Reply-to field being the list was a         
>mistake. A couple of people complained abo
ut low volume and zowie!, it   
>reverted back. Frankly, I was relieved to see the volume reduced to      
>some meaningful postings.   

The problem with that was that the posts where primarily questions only,  
all the replys or answers went directly to the original poster.      

I subscribe to this list to "listen in" and learn. People post a good   
question.... I think to my self "that's an interesting question/problem/  
comment/whatever", and I wait for an answer from one of the experts.      
I may even file it away for later. The way it was, I saw mostly questions.

Since I don't have all the answers, there would be no good reason to    
continue to subscribe.    

Frankly, a little bit of noise doesn't bother me if there a STRONG    
signal.       

Regards,
	Ed
[email-masked]